I adopted this recipe in 9/2006. The name alone was enough to get my attention as I love lemon. These have a VERY subtle lemon taste - they more like a sugar cookie actually.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add sour cream; blend well.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice or extract.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Chill 3 to 4 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Shape dough into small balls and roll in extra sugar.
- Flatten balls using the bottom of a glass after arranging on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.