Cook1 hr 45 mins
My mother thinks the original recipe for this cake came from Southern Living, however it is not listed on their website. The cake gets a wonderful crispy crust on top that is amazing. We have it every Fourth of July with strawberries and whip cream.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease and flour a 10" tube pan.
- Cream butter and shortening. Gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine sour cream and milk, stir until smooth.
- Combine flour and baking powder.
- Add sour cream mixture and flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately. Begin and end with the flour mixture. Mix just until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 40-45 minutes or until tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan.