The BEST soft sugar cookies I ever tasted! I brought these to work and got lots of compliments! I love the lemon flavor. The recipe was given to me by my student's Mom.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and dry pudding mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, tartar and soda.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll a tablespoonful of dough into a ball and roll into sugar.
- Place each ball of dough on ungreased cookie sheet at least 2-inches apart.
- Flatten with glass bottom, dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Don't over bake.