Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
The BEST soft sugar cookies I ever tasted! I brought these to work and got lots of compliments! I love the lemon flavor. The recipe was given to me by my student's Mom.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and dry pudding mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, tartar and soda.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll a tablespoonful of dough into a ball and roll into sugar.
- Place each ball of dough on ungreased cookie sheet at least 2-inches apart.
- Flatten with glass bottom, dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes.
- Don't over bake.
I've been using this recipe for 5 years or more and don't know how I missed writing a review. Everyone loves these cookies when I make them. They are great as is, but I like a lot of lemon flavor so I add 1/2 tsp of lemon extract and 2 tsps of lemon zest to the dough and then ice them with a lemon glaze made with powdered sugar, lemon zest and fresh lemon juice. Either way, they are the best lemon cookies. Thank you for posting this yummy recipe....
These are heavenly! Soft and with just the right amount of lemon! I will be making these lots I'm sure and I'm going to experiment with different puddings too! I did get more than 60 cookies but less than the 600 listed....LOL Thanks!
Love these. They are wonderful with a cup of tea. Thank you so much!