1/3 Photos of Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
2 hrs 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
echo echo's Note:
This was a Pillsbury Bake-Off Prizewinner many years ago. The name of the woman who invented it was Phyllis Lidert. Preparation time includes cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups butter, softened (NOT margarine)
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) package poppy seed filling
- 1In large bowl, beat sugar with butter until light and fluffy.
- 2Add eggs 1 at time, beating well at medium speed after each addition.
- 3Beat in lemon peel and juice.
- 4At low speed, gradually beat in flour and baking powder.
- 5In medium bowl, blend 3 cups of the batter with poppy seed filling.
- 6Spread half of plain batter in bottom of ungreased 10” tube or bundt pan.
- 7Using a large serving spoon, alternately add spoonfuls of poppy seed batter and rest of plain batter.
- 8Bake at 350°F approximately 1¼ hour until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 9Cool 15 minutes, then remove from pan.
- 10Cool about 1 hour until all cooled.
- 11Blend together glaze ingredients; if necessary, add more lemon juice for desired drizzling consistency.
- 12Drizzle glaze over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 835.0
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.4 g
- Saturated Fat 24.7 g
- Cholesterol 224.5 mg
- Sodium 440.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 41.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g