Super-easy, goes great with coffee.
Make and share this Lemon Poppy Seed Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄8 cups olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, milk, oil, poppy seeds, and extracts.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder. Add this to the egg mixture.
- Mix together 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Pour batter into 2 greased bread pans.
- Bake 1 hour at 350°F.
- Just before it's done, make the glaze. Mix powdered sugar, orange juice and extracts.
- Remove loaves from oven.
- Pour glaze over loaves while still in the pans.
- Cool for 30 minutes, remove from pans and cool on racks.