1/5 Photos of Lemon Meringue Pie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water (hot)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells (baked)
- 1Preheat oven to 220 degree celsius (450 degree F).
- 2Mix cornflour, sugar and salt in a large saucepan.
- 3Add the hot water and mix thoroughly and vigorously to remove any lumps.
- 4Cook over a medium/high heat until the mixture is a thick white opaque look and there is no liquid left.
- 5Let cool slightly, add eggs into the opaque nux and beat well over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Add lemon juice and butter and beat until mixture is thick and there is no liquid over a low heat.
- 7Let cool, then spoon into baked pastry shell.
- 9Beat 3 egg whites till stiff peaks are formed, add sugar 2 tablespoons at a time and beat in well between each addition.
- 10Spoon or pipe meringue over lemon filling in pie case making sure meringue covers to the edge of the pastry. If spooning you can make decorative swirls with edge of spatula.
- 11Bake for 5 to 8 minutes or till a light golden colour (swirled tips will cook a little darker).
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.0
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 245.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g