Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is the best loaf i have ever eaten,its so moist and light.everyone who tries it wants the recipe.my mother gave me this recipe and we have been making it for years.it also doubles well.
- mix dry ingredients from the pudding and the cake mix.
- make a hole in the center and add the eggs oil and water.
- beat for 10 min at medium speed.
- pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.
- bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour,or a little less
- mix together sugar and lemon.
- spoon over hot loafs while they are still in the oven,then remove.
The ingredients in this recipe do not equal the wonderful taste! I made exactly as posted, resisting my urge to add lemon zest or anything else. Turned out great. I did use powdered sugar instead of white sugar for the glaze. Made for Naked Recipes Event in Photo Forum.
I made this one tonight for our trip we take each year for our wedding anniversary. Its just awesome and the only change I made was to use powdered sugar in place of the white sugar for the glaze. Thank You for such a nice recipe. I will be making this again!