Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My daughter saw this dessert on the cover of "Kraft's What's cooking?" magazine and asked me to make it for a special lunch. It is great light dessert that you can make ahead. It looks so elegant and the citrus flavour is out of this world! Cook time is freezer time.
- 2 cups lime sherbet, thawed slightly
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (or make your own with Sweetened Condensed Milk)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 (1 liter) container Cool Whip
- lemon slices (to garnish) or lime slice (to garnish)
- Spread lime sherbet on the bottom of a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- Freeze 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk until fluffy.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir in Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture on top of sherbet layer.
- Freeze 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve invert on serving pan and garnish with lemon or lime slices.
Made this and it is a great, refreshing dessert. The original recipe called for lining the pan with tinfoil and that worked perfectly for me. I would recommend that this step be taken.
Yes! Oh "Yes!" A wonderful end to a summer meal.
This is a great summer dessert. You could probably do tgis with other types of fruit and sherbert. Something to try this summer. Thanks for posting.