This is a cool, smooth-textured, easy to prepare, refrigerator dessert. It's especially refreshing on a warm day, but my family likes it in the winter as well.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup cold water, plus
- 2 tablespoons cold water (from tap w ice cube)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon sufficient)
- 1 (8 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) container whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (see my recipe for this)
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
- In a cup of boiling water, add gelatin and sugar. Stir for 2 minute or until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in cold water and lemon juice. Chill for about 30 min., or until the mixture is the consistency of unbeaten eggwhites.
- Fold in yogurt, whipped topping, lemon rind (if desired) and lemon zest (if desired) into gelatin mixture, then spoon into pie crust. Chill at least 3 hours.
- Alternatatively the mixture can be spooned into 12 single serve graham cracker crusts (these can easily be packed in lunches).
So light and fluffy! This has been perfect at early summer parties in Texas, where we need the cool smoothness of this pie. So easy to put together too! I added ginger snaps on top to garnish here. Thanks for sharing!
I wanted to make this as a sugar-free (or at least, very low sugar) dessert and I looked in three stores and could not find the Jello sugar-free lemon so I used sugar-free lime. I kept everything else the same, so made a delicious lemon-lime pie! This is really rich tasting without the guilt, when made with Lite yogurt and Sugar-free Cool Whip. I think other flavors would be great also (omit the lemon juice and zest) I used Graham-Cracker Crust (Microwave) for the crust. I also made Lemon Zest as called for, but don't think I would next time. I would just add more grated zest. Thanks for a great dessert. Made for Spring 2009 PAC
Nice recipe, although I found it to be a bit tart for some of my guests. I would probably reduce the amount of lemon juice, or use a smaller lemon, otherwise this pie has a nice creamy texture was looks pretty too.