1/2 Photos of Lemon-Irish Whiskey Cake
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is posted for the World Tour 2005 RecipeZaar event. I haven't tried it yet, but know I will. It is from the Irish Heritage Cookbook written by Margaret M. Johnson. Note that this recipe should be started the day before baking.
My Private Note
9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place julienned lemon zest in a small bowl. Add whiskey and let soak overnight.
- 2The next day, preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 9 inch cake pan.
- 3Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whisk in the eggs.
- 4Sift the flour and add to the butter mixture along with the salt. Stir to blend.
- 5Fold in the ground almonds.
- 6Strain the whiskey, discarding the zest, and stir the whiskey into the batter.
- 7Pour into the prepared pan, and bake about one hour, until golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Irish Whiskey Cake
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.8
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 100.0 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of