Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a recipe that was handed down from my husband's great grandmother, who has passed on. It is a super easy recipe and tastes great. It is cheap to make, too.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 egg yolks
- vanilla wafer, to line a pie plate
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine condensed milk with egg yolks.
- Slowly pour lemon juice in to the mixture. Stir until thickened.
- Top with meringue.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving.
I made this because I wanted a lemon pie !!! This is fantastic !! I added lemon zest along with the juice... GREAT PIE !!
This recipe has been handed down in my family for years as well! The only thing we have done differently is use a graham cracker crust instead of the vanilla wafers. It is SO yummy, light, quick, and inexpensive! My dad asks for it instead of cake every birthday!