This recipe was given to me by a co-worker - and my family went wild for it! It is a cross between a lemon cake and lemon ice box pie - a true winner!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 2 (8 or 9 inch) round cake pans.
- Prepare cake by mixing together eggs, water, and oil with electric mixer.
- Place batter in pans and bake 28-30 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool 15 minutes then "flip" cakes out of the pans.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, blend together, the lemon juice and 2 cans of condensed milk until thick and smooth.
- Reserve 1/2 of this mixture (about 1 1/2 c) to be used later.
- Place the remaining mixture between the cake layer
- With the remaining mixture, combine it with the whipped topping- this is to be used as frosting.
- Place both the cake and the frosting in the refrigerator about 30 minutes, this make the frosting easier to work with.
- Frost cake with frosting and place back into frig - this cakes is even better if kept in the frig overnight.