1/1 Photo of Lemon Ice Box Cake
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker - and my family went wild for it! It is a cross between a lemon cake and lemon ice box pie - a true winner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour 2 (8 or 9 inch) round cake pans.
- 3Prepare cake by mixing together eggs, water, and oil with electric mixer.
- 4Place batter in pans and bake 28-30 minutes.
- 5Allow cake to cool 15 minutes then "flip" cakes out of the pans.
- 6Allow cake to cool completely.
- 7In a large bowl, blend together, the lemon juice and 2 cans of condensed milk until thick and smooth.
- 8Reserve 1/2 of this mixture (about 1 1/2 c) to be used later.
- 9Place the remaining mixture between the cake layer
- 10With the remaining mixture, combine it with the whipped topping- this is to be used as frosting.
- 11Place both the cake and the frosting in the refrigerator about 30 minutes, this make the frosting easier to work with.
- 12Frost cake with frosting and place back into frig - this cakes is even better if kept in the frig overnight.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Ice Box Cake
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.9
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.1 mg
- Sodium 241.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 38.0 g
- Protein 8.7 g