Chef mariajane's Note:
These are just simply delicious cookies and taste wonderful with a hot cup of tea or coffee for just a little snack -
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1Sift flour, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoons salt into bowl. Cream butter and brown sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add candied ginger, and beat for 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla until well combined. Add flour mixture, then beat on medium-low speed until dough just comes together.
- 2Shape dough into two 1-inch thick disks. Wrap tightly in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 days.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F Roll out 1 disk on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness, and cut out 2-inch circles. Place rounds 1/2 inch apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Rolls out scraps. Refrigerate rounds for 10 minutes.
- 4Bake rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are set and edges are bright gold, 12-14 minutes. Transfer parchment with cookies to wire racks. Let cook completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Cookies can be stored for up to 3 days.
- 5Whisk confectioners' sugar, lemon zest and juice, honey, water, and pinch of salt in a bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze over the cooked cookies. Let stand until glaze is set, at least 20 minutes. Glazed cookies can be stored overnight.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon-Glazed Candied-Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 10.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: