1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Perfect Pixie's Note:
My best friends mum makes her this cake often and she always brings it into the boarding house to share. It is really yum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 180°C.
- 2Butter and line the base of a 20cm round cake tin.
- 3Beat the butter and caster sugar in a large bowl using electric hand whisk until pale and creamy.
- 4Add the lemon zest (reserving half a tsp for the icing) and mix well.
- 5Gradually whisk the eggs into the butter mix--don't worry if it curdles a bit.
- 6Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold into the egg and butter mix using a large metal spoon or spatula.
- 7Add the ground almonds and 3/4 of the lemon juice; fold until thoroughly combined.
- 8Spoon into the cake tin and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- 9Put cake tin on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, mix together the remaining lemon juice and zest and enough icing sugar to make a runny icing and then drizzle over top of cake.
- 11Cool in tin for a further 30 minutes and then remove and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Drizzle Cake
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.2
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 166.2 mg
- Sodium 402.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g