Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe comes from the 2001 cookbook, Luscious Lemon Desserts.
Make and share this Lemon Curd recipe from Food.com.
- In a heavy medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt butter.
- Remove pan from heat & add sugar, lemon juice, zest & salt, whisking to blend. Finally, whisk in yolks until smooth.
- Cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it thickens & leaves a path on the back of a wooden spoon when a finger is drawn across it ~ DO NOT ALLOW THE MIXTURE TO BOIL.
- Immediately pour the lemon curd through a strainer into a bowl, then let it cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally.
- Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve ~ It will keep in the frig for a month & in the freezer for about three times that long!
- Serve it with satisfaction on toast or scones, in tarts or as a topping for fresh fruit, gingerbread, pound cake, cheesecake or . . . !
Reviewing this a bit late for PRMR. I made it right away and took pictures on 4/29 with the hopes of posting it in time to honor the royal wedding. Life happened. :(
Today I'm getting caught up on posts but having trouble uploading pictures. I'll get the photo up as soon as I can. In the meantime the lemon curd is still good and I'm still eating it. A surprise when I tried it on plane-jane graham crackers... new fav treat! I did not give 5 stars because it is still missing a little something. The texture I'm used to is a little denser. I may try adding a little more sugar next time. More egg would impact the flavor too much.
I knew I liked lemon curds, but I did not know I absolutely LOVE home made lemon curds, until now!! This was so easy to make. I was making one of my angel food cakes and used 6 of the yokes to make this. I use to throw out the yokes but from now on, I'm making this recipe. The strainer I tried to use was to small. So next time I'll have to get one with bigger holes. It took 2 lemons to get the 3T of zest and 3 lemons to make 1/2 cup juice. Thank you so much Mike for posting this. My son will be thrilled in the morning when he sees this in the refrig. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game from August 12th, 2010
This was very easy to make, and it came out perfectly despite the fact that I had no idea how it was made before I came across this recipe. I will make this again. :)