1/2 Photos of Lemon Curd
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe comes from the 2001 cookbook, Luscious Lemon Desserts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt butter.
- 2Remove pan from heat & add sugar, lemon juice, zest & salt, whisking to blend. Finally, whisk in yolks until smooth.
- 3Cook the mixture, whisking constantly, until it thickens & leaves a path on the back of a wooden spoon when a finger is drawn across it ~ DO NOT ALLOW THE MIXTURE TO BOIL.
- 4Immediately pour the lemon curd through a strainer into a bowl, then let it cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally.
- 5Cover & refrigerate until ready to serve ~ It will keep in the frig for a month & in the freezer for about three times that long!
- 6Serve it with satisfaction on toast or scones, in tarts or as a topping for fresh fruit, gingerbread, pound cake, cheesecake or . . . !
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Curd
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 914.0
- Calories from Fat 716
- Total Fat 79.6 g
- Saturated Fat 45.4 g
- Cholesterol 900.4 mg
- Sodium 146.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 36.2 g
- Protein 11.8 g