Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you like good lemon taste and easy prep., than theses are for you. Much lower in calories, than other Lemon Bars.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut in slices
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crushed saltines (1 sleeve)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9x12 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl combine cake mix, sliced butter,egg and lemon zest. Use pastry cutter or 2 knifes to combine until crumbly. Work in the cracker crumbs. (I use my hands at this point.) Remove 2 cups for topping.Press remainder over the bottom of prepared pan.Bake for 18-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Remove from oven, but do not turn the oven off.
- In small mixing bowl combine condensed milk, lemon juice and egg yolks. Pour over the crust and sprinkle with reserved crumbs.Return to oven. Bake 20-25 more minutes until lightly brown around the edges. Cool on wire rack. cut into 24 bars. Store in refrigerator.
This was a 5-star recipe. I got a lot of positive comments from the church ladies and others who ate them! Easy to make, too. (Spring PAC 2009)