1/6 Photos of Lemon Cream Loaf W/Lemon Glaze
1 hr 20 mins
Rich, with a light lemon flavor and a nice lemon glaze!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1For loaf:.
- 2Dredge pecans and lemon rind in 1 Tbl. flour in small bowl, stir well and set aside.
- 3Cream shortenening and cream cheese in large mixing bowl.
- 4Gradually add sugar beating well.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Combine remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- 7Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 8Mix well after each addition.
- 9Stir in reserved dredged mixture.
- 10Pour batter into 2 well-greased 8 1/2x 4 1/2x3" loaf pans.
- 11Bake at 350º for 1 hour or til toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Immediately brush loaves with lemon glaze.
- 13Cool in pans 20 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- 14Lemon Glaze:.
- 15Combine all ingredients in small bowl, stir well.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Cream Loaf W/Lemon Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (1449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2383.4
- Calories from Fat 1091
- Total Fat 121.3 g
- Saturated Fat 43.9 g
- Cholesterol 353.3 mg
- Sodium 2176.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 295.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 161.2 g
- Protein 37.7 g