Prep1 hr 30 mins
I love lemon desserts, so these sounded particularly yummy and easy to make. I think they would go very nicely with hot tea anytime. Use the "Lemon Chess Pie Filling" to fill the shells. From the "Southern Living Little Book of Mini Muffins & More" NOTE: Preparation time includes 1-hour chill time for dough.
LEMON CHESS TASSIES
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
LEMON CHESS PIE FILLING
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- LEMON CHESS TASSIES:.
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add flour to butter mixture, beating at low speed.
- Shape dough into 48 balls; cover and chill 1 hour.
- Place 1 dough ball into each lightly greased cup of miniature muffin pans, shaping each into a shell.
- Spoon LEMON CHESS PIE FILLING evenly into tart shells.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 25 minutes or until set.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- LEMON CHESS PIE FILLING:.
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Use filling immediately.
- Makes 3 cups filling.
These are delicious little bites. I love lemon, so the trick is going to be not to eat half the batch myself! They have a lovely lemon flavor and the crust is excellent. I mixed the crust ingredients by hand, simply from habit, because it is very similar to the crust on the Tiny Quiches I make, which I do by hand too. Thanks for sharing!