Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I thought this recipe was lost forever. I just found it and had to share. It is such a delicious and refreshing dessert.
- Mix the lemon yogurt with the Cool Whip.
- Slice cake in half or in thirds.
- Spread layers with pie filling.
- Frost with the Cool Whip/lemon mixture.
- Cut lemon rings 1/2 way thru and twist.
- Arrange on top of cake.
- If you prefer a thinner lemon filling: purchase another lemon yogurt and mix some (not all or it will be to creamy) into the pie filling.
Oh my! This is definitely a winner since it's so easy and equally delicious! I served it after a rather heavy meal, today, and my guests loved it with coffee and tea. This is so good that I'm thinking I'll take it to my church potluck later this month. Thanks for a great dessert!
Wow Double Wow! Not only is this easy by a delight to the pallette. Cool, tangy & just plain wonderful. Cooking for 1 can be a challange so to keep from eating it all up I put half in the freezer....well let me say that Angel Cake doesn't freeze as solid as other cakes & even straight from the freezer this was soooooooo good. I'll make this often especially thru the summertime. Thanks Dojemi for posting it
I loved it and so did my DH and DS - we all agree that it is light and tangy. I wanted to do a test run of this recipe for company coming later in the week so I followed the recipe exactly and it's a hit!
I bought a store made angel food cake but I think I'll try to make my own (after some recipe searching here at food.com)