1/7 Photos of Lemon and White Chocolate Cupcakes
1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe on the Godiva site using Godiva white chocolate. I am sure any good quality white chocolate will do fine (such as Ghirardelli).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped (use premium white chocolate for best results)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- white chocolate shavings
- confectioners' sugar
- 1To Make Cupcakes:.
- 2Position the rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350°F
- 3Place 12 cupcake paper liners in a 2 1/2-inch muffin pan.
- 4Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 5Beat the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and creamy.
- 6Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla.
- 7Beat in one-half of the flour mixture, scraping down sides of bowl.
- 8Gradually add the buttermilk and beat in the remaining flour mixture until the ingredients are mixed.
- 9Divide batter among the muffin cups, filling each about one-half full.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 11Cool cupcakes in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 12Remove cupcakes and cool completely.
- 13To Make Frosting:.
- 14Place the white chocolate in a microwavable medium bowl.
- 15Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- 16Let stand for 1 minute.
- 17Stir until it’s completely melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- 18Add the cream cheese, butter, lemon peel and vanilla.
- 19Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until the ingredients are mixed.
- 20Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until the frosting is smooth.
- 21To Assemble Cupcakes:.
- 22Remove the paper liners from the cupcakes and turn the cupcakes upside down.
- 23Spread a 1/4-inch thick layer of frosting to completely cover the top and sides the cupcakes.
- 24Spoon the white chocolate curls over the frosting, gently pressing, if necessary to help them adhere to the sides.
- 25Sift the confectioners’ sugar over the tops of the cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and White Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.9
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 214.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g