1/7 Photos of Lemon and White Chocolate Cupcakes
1 hr 5 mins
I found this recipe on the Godiva site using Godiva white chocolate. I am sure any good quality white chocolate will do fine (such as Ghirardelli).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 ounces white chocolate, coarsely chopped (use premium white chocolate for best results)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- white chocolate shavings
- confectioners' sugar
- 1To Make Cupcakes:.
- 2Position the rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350°F
- 3Place 12 cupcake paper liners in a 2 1/2-inch muffin pan.
- 4Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 5Beat the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and creamy.
- 6Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla.
- 7Beat in one-half of the flour mixture, scraping down sides of bowl.
- 8Gradually add the buttermilk and beat in the remaining flour mixture until the ingredients are mixed.
- 9Divide batter among the muffin cups, filling each about one-half full.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 11Cool cupcakes in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 12Remove cupcakes and cool completely.
- 13To Make Frosting:.
- 14Place the white chocolate in a microwavable medium bowl.
- 15Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- 16Let stand for 1 minute.
- 17Stir until it’s completely melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- 18Add the cream cheese, butter, lemon peel and vanilla.
- 19Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until the ingredients are mixed.
- 20Add the confectioners’ sugar and beat until the frosting is smooth.
- 21To Assemble Cupcakes:.
- 22Remove the paper liners from the cupcakes and turn the cupcakes upside down.
- 23Spread a 1/4-inch thick layer of frosting to completely cover the top and sides the cupcakes.
- 24Spoon the white chocolate curls over the frosting, gently pressing, if necessary to help them adhere to the sides.
- 25Sift the confectioners’ sugar over the tops of the cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and White Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.9
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 214.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g