1/1 Photo of Leek and Pancetta Tray Bread
1 hr 35 mins
This French-inspired recipe is not a bread at all but more like a pizza. It is delicious served as a light meal with a tomato-based soup or a salad. From "The Complete Book of Bread and Bread Machines" by Christine Ingram and Jennie Shapter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce butter, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried yeast
- 1Add the ingredients for the base to the bread machine in the order listed and set on the dough cycle.
- 2Lightly grease an 8" x 12" jelly roll pan and set to one side.
- 3Slice the leeks thinly.
- 4Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the leeks over a low heat for about 5 minutes, until they have softened but not browned.
- 5Set them aside to cool.
- 6When the dough is ready, place the dough on a lightly-floured surface.
- 7Punch it down and then roll out into a rectangle measuring about 9" x 13".
- 8Place the dough in the prepared pan and press the edges outwards and upwards, so that the dough covers the base and sides evenly.
- 9Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 10Sprinkle the leeks over the dough.
- 11Arrange the pancetta slices on top.
- 12Mix the sour cream, milk and eggs together.
- 13Add the basil and season with the salt and pepper.
- 14Pour the mixture over the leeks.
- 15Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the filling has set and the base is golden around the edges.
- 16Serve hot or warm.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Leek and Pancetta Tray Bread
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 128.2 mg
- Sodium 489.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: