Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mom found this recipe in a local blab sheet. We've been making it for years, it is absolutely WONDERFUL, especially when it's slightly warm, served with ice cream. (Or fat free Cool Whip) Don't be afraid about the blueberries on top, they will 'sink' a little. You can use 1 cup sugar instead of 1/2 sugar 1/2 Splenda. I have known people to double the recipe and put it in a 9 x 13 pan.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar (topping, optional)
- Place butter in 8x8 square baking dish.
- Set oven temperature to 350º and put baking dish in oven.
- While oven is pre-heating, and butter is melting, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and milk.
- Pour onto melted butter in baking dish, sprinkle blueberries on top.
- DO NOT MIX!
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- DO NOT UNDERBAKE!
- After baking, sprinkle 1 TBS sugar on top.
Wow, delicious!! I only had frozen blueberries which I let sit on the counter while I put the rest of this together. I used 1 cup of sugar and forgot to sprinkle some on top. I had to let this bake 5 extra minutes because the berries were still pretty frozen when I started it. I put this in the oven before I started dinner and it was nice and warm after. We topped this with cool whip. My family didn't make a sound when eating this except to ask for more. My DD plans on having her leftovers for breakfast tomorrow and I don't know if DH's will last until tomorrow. There aren't enough leftovers for me so next time I will double the recipe. Thanks for a great recipe.
so this is awesome! we dont use splenda, so i just did almost a whole cup of sugar, and it turned out perfect! i put a bit if whipped cream on it, and we ate it when it was still very hot, and its delicious, tho i think vanilla ice cream would be better. i am not a fan of pie crusts for their taste, much less preparation, and i have a ton of blueberries from picking them i have been trying to find uses for- this is it! thanks for a great recipe!
The easiest fruit dessert I've ever made & sooo good too.