This is an old-fashioned favourite I love with a cup of tea or coffee.
Make and share this Lazy Daisy Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl until frothy; beat in sugar in 4 or 5 separate additions; stir in vanilla.
- Next, stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Heat milk and butter together in small saucepan just until hot; add to batter, stirring slowly and carefully.
- Scrape into a greased 9-inch square cake pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Make topping-- combine last 4 ingredients together in a small saucepan; heat and stir until hot and sugar is dissolved.
- Spread topping over cake fresh from the oven; leave oven on.
- Return cake to oven and heat until topping is bubbling well, anywhere from 3-5 minutes.
- Variation: use chopped pecans or walnuts instead of the coconut.