1 hr 15 mins
This delicious cake includes fruits, nuts, and vegetables all in one tasty cake. It is moist and dense thanks to the carrots, pineapple, bananas, and raisins. An excellent fruit cake served with or without the cream cheese frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, finely grated (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1Soak raisins in hot water for 30 minutes; drain and pat dry.
- 2Meanwhile, grease and flour a 9”x13”x2” baking pan.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for metal pan or 325 degrees Fahrenheit for glass pan.
- 4In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 5In a large mixer bowl, beat vegetable oil, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs on medium speed until combined.
- 6Whisk in carrots, pineapple, and bananas.
- 7Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, one third at a time, until incorporated.
- 8Fold in pecans and raisins with a spatula.
- 9Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- 10Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until tester in center of cake comes out clean.
- 11Cool to room temperature.
- 13Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and cinnamon if using, in a medium bowl until smooth.
- 14Spread frosting over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kitchen Sink Cake (Carrot)
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.7
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 202.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 30.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g