Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A creamy cool pie without sugar - derived from a variety of similar receipes, but I intended to have a creamy filling while minimizing the taste artificial sweeteners can have. Cook time indicates time to chill.
- 2 cups sugar-free shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk, at room temperature
- 4 ounces light non-fat vanilla yogurt, at room temperature
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
- Use a food processor to turn cookies into crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted butter and press mixture into the botom of a pie plate.
- Combine gelatin and milk in a pot on the stove. Whisk while cooking over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour whipping cream into a blender and blend until thick and fluffy. Pour into small bowl and stir in 1 tsp Spenda. Cover and refrigerate.
- In the blender, combine yogurt, cream cheese, lime juice, and zest in blender until smooth. Add gelatin and remaining Splenda. Blend an additional 15 seconds.
- Pour into crust and refrigerate the pie for 3 hours or overnight for best results. Top with whipped cream to serve.
Great diabetic pie. No funny after taste like most diabetic desserts. I'm not diabetic however, I make this for many diabetics and they love it. Awesome recipe.
Very tasty treat for diabetics. The filling was creamy and sweet-tart and very easy to put together. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.