1/3 Photos of Key Lime Pie (Better Than Rib Cage)
This is my version of a key lime pie, it is traditional, no tweaks and nothing like zest thrown in! I make it with real eggs, real sugar and real milk -- so expect real calories. I always top with home-made whipped cream. I will put what I use to make it at the bottom, but I have never measured it so I can't help there :( . And I use plain white sugar instead of confectioners sugar (I had never even heard of canfectioners sugar in whipped cream until I joined here!) Also, it is very important to use key-lime juice. I have subbed regular in a pinch but it's not a fresh tasting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 3Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar until crumbly.
- 4Press this mixture into a pie plate, put in freezer to chill about 15 minutes.
- 5Bake pie crust between 5-10 minutes depending on your oven until crisp and crumbly. Take out and cool completely.
- 7Combine egg yolks, milk and juice in a large bowl.
- 8Hand whisk until smooth.
- 9Dump into prepared pie crust.
- 10Bake 8-10 minutes at 350*F
- 11Check and make sure pie is set; if not cook longer.
- 12WHIPPED CREAM:.
- 13In a mixing bowl combine whipped cream (about 1 cup).
- 15white sugar to your liking (I usually dump it in and I imagine I use somewhere between 1/4 cup and 1/3 cup).
- 16Mix on high speed with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form, be careful not to over beat and end up with butter!
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Key Lime Pie (Better Than Rib Cage)
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 127.3 mg
- Sodium 190.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g