This is a great tasting Key Lime pie that is quick and easy to make.
Make and share this Key Lime Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh or bottled key lime juice or 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 -2 drop green food coloring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- lime slice (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl beat eggs and yolk with wire whisk until combined.
- Gradually add milk to egg mixture, beating until combined.
- Add lime juice, water, food coloring (if desired)and lime peel. Whisk until well mixed.
- Pour into crust. Place on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until almost set in center. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Chill small mixing bowl and beaters of electric mixer.
- In chilled bowl, beat whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed of electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Spoon whipped cream around edges of pie. Garnish with lime slices if desired.
This was my first time making a key lime pie, and it turned out perfectly. Didn't use the coloring, but otherwise followed the recipe to the T. My son said it was awesome, and I agree! Thanks so much!
I was unsure how this would turn out but it was perfect! I used too much green food coloring though and it was a little bright but I will surely be making it again!
YUM!! I made how it was directed and was fantastic! Only difference was I didn't have graham wafers so made a chocolate cookie crust and it was SO good! Thanks