Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve warm and top with whipped cream.
Make and share this Kentucky Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 4 teaspoons Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans, whole
- 1 (16 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first seven ingredients in order that they are listed.
- Pour ingredients into pie shell.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
We tried it....we liked it!! I had nothing to top it with, so it had to stand alone, which it did. we'll fix this again!!! Thanks for the recipe!
W-O-W!!! This is soooo rich! I used pecan halves, and my bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips was 12 oz - but I cannot imagine using more chocolate, b/c this pie is so rich & decadent. I won't even think of the calories ;) I served this to friends after a meal of pasta, and topped with homemade whipped cream. There isn't a strong sense of the bourbon like I thought there might be. I think it's best slightly heated. YUM :)