1/1 Photo of Kathie Lee Gifford's Pecan Tarts
1 hr 5 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
if you want a surefire hit... these take a little more time to make - in mini muffin tins...but you canNOT stop eating them and they disappear at any party in a flash! This Is A Labor of Love to make individual mini tarts [make it much faster by making a pan's worth and cutting into squares like brownies]- but everyone asks for the recipe NOW... a pretty easy way to spread more joy in the world... EVERYONE loves them - even if they don't like nuts... OR pecan pie!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1FOR THE CRUST:.
- 2Cream together the softened butter and cream cheese.
- 3Add the flour and beat well.
- 4Mold into mini muffin tins, muffin cups, or any little container [these are BEST when they are bite-sized].
- 5Refrigerate in pans overnight.
- 6FOR THE FILLING:.
- 7Beat egg well and add oil, vanilla, brown sugar, salt and pecans.
- 8To assemble: Put a small ball of crust mixture into each hole of a mini muffin tin and, with a wet spoon, press into the bottom and sides. Repeat.
- 9Then fill each shell to 2/3 full with pecan mixture.
- 10Bake at 350º for 25 minutes.
- 11Let cool.
- 12Note: when I feel too lazy to make little tarts, I have made this as a pie - pressing the crust into a 9 X 5 loaf pan or a 9 inch square pan -- and poured the filling in -- and it satisfies the craving.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kathie Lee Gifford's Pecan Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.4
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 67.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g