Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very old recipe makes for a taste delight! You will love this great way of making Pecan Pie. Quick and easy, This will soon be a favorite. Cook time is cool time.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (recipe states "butter the size of a hickory nut")
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, 1 cup in halves, 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, not deep dish, pre-baked
- Mix cornstarch and brown sugar together in medium saucepan.
- Beat together egg yolks, water, and pinch of salt. Add to cornstarch and sugar. Add chopped pecans.
- Simmer on medium stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Boil 1 minute, constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pie shell, decorate top with remaining pecans.
- Let cool 1/2 hour before serving.
This tastes like the real thing, without heating up your kitchen. I toasted the pecans first and used a Graham cracker crust! I did it in my cooking class and it was A BIG HIT!!! Thanks for sharing. Koechin/Chef
I made this for Thanksgiving last week, my first ever attempt to make a pecan pie. It came out incredibly, for such a small amount of butter its ever so creamy and delicious. Was impressed on how short a time it is to make. We used some candied pecans to top the pie that we had made earlier that had some cayenne pepper on them, that hint with the pecan flavor was a perfect match. Used a Graham cracker crust too. I love this recipe :)