A very old recipe makes for a taste delight! You will love this great way of making Pecan Pie. Quick and easy, This will soon be a favorite. Cook time is cool time.
- Mix cornstarch and brown sugar together in medium saucepan.
- Beat together egg yolks, water, and pinch of salt. Add to cornstarch and sugar. Add chopped pecans.
- Simmer on medium stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Boil 1 minute, constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pie shell, decorate top with remaining pecans.
- Let cool 1/2 hour before serving.