Cook1 hr 20 mins
There are a few diffrent recipes out there for this Sour Cream Pound cake but mine is just a bit diffrent and is SOOOOO Wonderful!!!! I make this every year for New Years eve to cut up and use for dipping in chocolate fondue. This is REALLY good by itself, with a frosting or with Maraschino Cherries.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch tube pan with paper, or grease really well!
- Cream the butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs, one at a time beating thoroughly after each egg.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Alternatly add the dry ingredients, and sour cream to the butter mixture blending really well.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat for about 5 minutes until smooth and silky looking.
- Pour into pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- I usually check at 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Your cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- You make make a glaze of Confectioners sugar or decorate with red and green cherries. The green ones for leaves the red ones as flowers.