1/2 Photos of Karen's Sour Cream Pound Cake
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
There are a few diffrent recipes out there for this Sour Cream Pound cake but mine is just a bit diffrent and is SOOOOO Wonderful!!!! I make this every year for New Years eve to cut up and use for dipping in chocolate fondue. This is REALLY good by itself, with a frosting or with Maraschino Cherries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Line the bottom of a 9 inch tube pan with paper, or grease really well!
- 3Cream the butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Add Eggs, one at a time beating thoroughly after each egg.
- 5Sift dry ingredients together.
- 6Alternatly add the dry ingredients, and sour cream to the butter mixture blending really well.
- 7Add vanilla.
- 8Beat for about 5 minutes until smooth and silky looking.
- 9Pour into pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- 10I usually check at 1 hour 10 minutes.
- 11Your cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 12Let cake cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- 13You make make a glaze of Confectioners sugar or decorate with red and green cherries. The green ones for leaves the red ones as flowers.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karen's Sour Cream Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.1
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 154.8 mg
- Sodium 277.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 44.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g