Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
One of my favorite drinks is made with kahlua so I couldn't resist making and then posting this yummy cake. Plan ahead, cake must cool for 4 hours. Cooling time is included in prep time. I got it from Paula Deen's magazines.
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) German chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua (coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over bottom of pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
- Add water, oil, liqueur and eggs.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare Kahlua topping; in a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- When cake is done baking, carefully pour hot Kahlua topping over cake.
- Let stand in pan, for 4 hours.
- Invert cake onto wire rack.
Excellent! I followed this recipe as written and the result was wonderful. I think next time I will add a little more Kahlua as another reviewer did, just because I love Kahula. Thank you for sharing.
Mmmmmmmmm. Very, very good. I ran a little shy on the amount of Kahlua I had on hand, so I added in a splash of dark rum to make up the difference. Worked out fine. I'm making this one again soon!
This was an amazing cake! I'm a Kahlua freak so this was perfect. I used 3/4 cup of Kahlua and 1/4 cup of water for the cake mix. I considered skipping the water all together and using 1 cup of Kahlua...LOL! I thought that there was going to be too much topping at first but it all soaked in and made it super moist and delish! Thanks so,so much for posting this!