One of my favorite drinks is made with kahlua so I couldn't resist making and then posting this yummy cake. Plan ahead, cake must cool for 4 hours. Cooling time is included in prep time. I got it from Paula Deen's magazines.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over bottom of pan; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix and pudding mix.
- Add water, oil, liqueur and eggs.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare Kahlua topping; in a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- When cake is done baking, carefully pour hot Kahlua topping over cake.
- Let stand in pan, for 4 hours.
- Invert cake onto wire rack.