I recently made these cookies after finding the recipe on the package of Nestle Chocolatier chocolate chunks. This is a great cookie for those who love dark chocolate. They are very moist and chewy. This recipe makes a dozen jumbo-sized cookies, but I'm sure you could make them smaller if you like. My family LOVES these cookies.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt 2/3 cup chunks in microwave-safe bowl on high power for 45 seconds; stir.
- Microwave an additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring until smooth; set aside.
- Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add melted chocolate and mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture, mixing just until blended.
- Stir in remaining chunks.
- Drop dough by level 1/4-cup measure 3 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs and the tops have a cracked appearance.
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.