Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe has been in my family for years. No matter where I've made it everyone wants the recipe. I love it because it looks so finished straight from the oven. No need to cool and frost.
- Beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add fruit cocktail, mix well.
- Pour in 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle coconut over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Just before removing cake from oven, bring margarine, sugar, and milk to boil in small saucepan for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add coconut, chopped nuts, and vanilla.
- Spread at once over hot cake.
WHAT A WONDERFUL TASTING CAKE THIS IS, & although I gifted half of it to a neighbor couple, another time I'd really enjoy making it to consume right here at home! I've always been a big fan of fruit cocktail so this one was a no-brainer! ABSOLUTELY GREAT, & thanks, much, for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]