Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe has been in my family for years. No matter where I've made it everyone wants the recipe. I love it because it looks so finished straight from the oven. No need to cool and frost.
- Beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add fruit cocktail, mix well.
- Pour in 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle coconut over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Just before removing cake from oven, bring margarine, sugar, and milk to boil in small saucepan for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Add coconut, chopped nuts, and vanilla.
- Spread at once over hot cake.
WHAT A WONDERFUL TASTING CAKE THIS IS, & although I gifted half of it to a neighbor couple, another time I'd really enjoy making it to consume right here at home! I've always been a big fan of fruit cocktail so this one was a no-brainer! ABSOLUTELY GREAT, & thanks, much, for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]