Cookie Jarvis's Note:
This recipe has been in my family for years. No matter where I've made it everyone wants the recipe. I love it because it looks so finished straight from the oven. No need to cool and frost.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat together sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- 2Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- 3Add fruit cocktail, mix well.
- 4Pour in 9x13 inch pan.
- 5Sprinkle coconut over batter.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 7Just before removing cake from oven, bring margarine, sugar, and milk to boil in small saucepan for one minute.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Add coconut, chopped nuts, and vanilla.
- 10Spread at once over hot cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joyce's Fabulous Fruit Cocktail Cake
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.8
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 368.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 5.0 g