Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can have these rich, chocolatey cakes on the table in less than 25 minutes! Talk about satisfying your sweet tooth in a hurry! This recipe comes from Sunset magazine and was created by 13 year old Joe Kozal. They are delicious little molten cakes but instead of chocolate oozing out, they ooze marshmallow! Awesome!
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 large marshmallows
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In a 3- to 4-quart pan over very low heat, stir chocolate chips and butter until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in flour.
- Fill six buttered, floured ramekins (1/2-cup capacity; see notes) about halfway. Press a marshmallow into the center of the batter in each ramekin. Spoon remaining batter equally over marshmallows, completely covering.
- Bake in the center of a 350° regular or 325° convection oven until tops are puffed up and crackly, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool about 10 minutes, then run a knife along inside of ramekins and invert to release cakes. Place right side up on plates. Sprinkle tops with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
I really like the chocolate/fudge centers of the lava-cakes, but I also enjoy the taste of the 'mallow, so this recipe was a definite attraction for me! ABSOLUTELY GREAT LITTLE CAKES, these! Will be doing this one again soon ~ Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe tag]
These are soo rich and the gooey marshmallow was amazing. Made as is but used bigger ramekins so got 4 cakes out the the batter. Baked for 13 1/2 minutes and they were perfect. Made for Cookbook Tag March 2010.
These little cakes are just like one big sweet kiss, so I said indulge me! Made for 123 Hit Wonders.