1/1 Photo of Jeweled Shortbread
Diana #2's Note:
This makes a wonderful addition to the cookie tray. The colours are beautiful set against the white of the shortbread. Reminds me of coloured Christmas lights glowing through the snow. These also freeze well. Sprinkle with icing sugar after you take them from the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream icing sugar and butter until fluffy.
- 2Combine flours and add to the butter mixture, in small portions.
- 3Stir in mixed candied fruit.
- 4Turn batter out into a 9 x 13 pan. Press to the sides and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- 5Score into bars with a sharp knife and prick the surface with a fork.
- 6Bake 10 minutes at 350*, then lower the oven to 300*. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and immediately cut along the scored lines.
- 8Cool, then store in an airtight container.
- 9Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jeweled Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (633 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.0
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 36.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed candied fruit