Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This makes a wonderful addition to the cookie tray. The colours are beautiful set against the white of the shortbread. Reminds me of coloured Christmas lights glowing through the snow. These also freeze well. Sprinkle with icing sugar after you take them from the freezer.
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup mixed candied fruit
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Cream icing sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Combine flours and add to the butter mixture, in small portions.
- Stir in mixed candied fruit.
- Turn batter out into a 9 x 13 pan. Press to the sides and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Score into bars with a sharp knife and prick the surface with a fork.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350*, then lower the oven to 300*. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately cut along the scored lines.
- Cool, then store in an airtight container.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
Enjoyed making these little goodies, AND willl be making them again several times for the up-coming holidays ~ Even have the recipe included in my Holiday Gift Ideas cookbook! Made them this time with finely diced dried fruit (& they ARE tasty), but will be making them with the candied stuff another time! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag]