Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom clipped this out of some magazine eons ago and it was one of the first things I ever learned to bake as a girl. It is still a trusted stand-by for unexpected guests or when I just want something easy and sweet. No mixer and no frosting needed! Great when you first bake it, even better the next day. I usually use 2 bananas, but sometimes use 3 if I want a strong banana flavor.
- Mix together the sugar, vegetable oil, pecans, flour and bananas.
- Stir in the eggs, pineapple (and juice), vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix well but try not to mash the bananas.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Can also use a tube or bundt pan, but you'll need to lightly grease and flour those.