I hope you will enjoy this traditional English recipe! These bite-sized jam tarts can be filled with any jam, or lemon curd. Use two or three different jams for a colorful dessert tray!
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and in a large bowl, stir together flour and salt.
- Rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add egg yolks and water, and mix to a firm dough.
- Knead dough a few times while still inside bowl.
- Break off pieces of dough, and form into 1/2-inch balls.
- Press into bottom and sides of mini-muffin trays.
- Fill each pastry case with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam, and bake for 7-9 minutes.