Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
I hope you will enjoy this traditional English recipe! These bite-sized jam tarts can be filled with any jam, or lemon curd. Use two or three different jams for a colorful dessert tray!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces butter or 8 ounces margarine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 -7 tablespoons cold water
- any type jam
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and in a large bowl, stir together flour and salt.
- Rub in butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add egg yolks and water, and mix to a firm dough.
- Knead dough a few times while still inside bowl.
- Break off pieces of dough, and form into 1/2-inch balls.
- Press into bottom and sides of mini-muffin trays.
- Fill each pastry case with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam, and bake for 7-9 minutes.
These were so yummy. They seemed a little crumbly when they first came out of the oven but upon cooling they were perfect. I made larger tarts because I do not have a mini muffin tray. They were a crowd pleaser. Thank you Truebrit!
Yum! Thank you for sharing this recipe, truebrit. They turned out great. Where you said to roll the dough into ½ balls, I accidentally read 1 ½ (oops) so they were slightly larger and made less but that didn’t take away from the taste. My fiancé and I gobbled ‘em up. I’ll be keeping this recipe.
These were a traditional easter cookie in my house for many years. There were barely enough to make it to the table once I found my mom's hiding spot after baking them! Love this cookie!