Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These tasty treats are loved by all who like chocolate and sweets! Great for the kids and adults alike. Don't forget these luscious morsels on your cookie trays for the holidays!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup plain M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine butter, sugars, pudding mix and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs.
- Add flour and baking soda, and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, and half the M&M candies. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Top with remaining M&M candies.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool, then cut with a sharp knife.
These were a huge hit!! Made them and brought them to work (minus three that had to be taste tested at home by me and the kids). A couple people even came into my office later in the day to see if there were any left so they could have another *laughs* Will make again! Left out the walnuts (allergies in office), and added more chocolate chips/M&Ms to make up for it.
Excellent! I love cookie/bar recipes with pudding because they always make the end product so soft and delicious! I took "luv2cookinpa"'s suggestion and added 1/2 cup of brown sugar (instead of the 1/4) and they turned out wonderful! I also put plain M&M's in the batter and sprinkled the top with peanut and plain M&M's. This recipe is so easy to make and I will definitely be making it many more times in the future.
I saw this recipe and was very excited. I started making it and realized that there is an ERROR. Ing. list says paking powder and the directions say baking soda. I added baking soda, but not sure which it was suppose to be. Typical cookie recipe calls for baking soda. No stars because I am not sure if the chef makes it with the powder. Mine came out great, very soft. I also added an extra 1/4 cup of brown sugar.