1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
katie in the UP's Note:
This is another recipe I have used in our cookie exchanges. Posting it, so I can get rid of the piece of paper it is written on :) **UPDATE** I made these without the lemon extract...instead I used approx 3 tbls of lemon zest!! Perfect flavors of lemon and almond!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder, plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup shortening, melted
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and foamy, about 5 minutes.
- 2Set aside. In another mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder; stir in oil and extracts. Gradually add eggs (dough will be stiff). Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- 4For glaze, combine milk and extracts in a large bowl. Add sugar; whisk until the glaze is smooth. As soon as cookies are removed from the oven, quickly immerse 2 or 3 at a time into the glaze. Remove with slotted spoon (or fingers lol).
- 5Place cookies on wire racks to drain. quickly top with sprinkles. Let dry 24 hours before storing in airtight containers.
- 6Time does not include drying time.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sprinkle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2058 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1071.4
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 183.7 mg
- Sodium 460.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 169.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 97.6 g
- Protein 15.2 g