1/1 Photo of Irish Tea Bread
I found this recipe in a Twinings Tea advertorial and thought it sounded interesting, posted here for safekeeping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak fruit in the prepared tea overnight.
- 2When ready to bake, preheat oven to 150.C and grease & line a 20cm sqyare cake pan.
- 3Stir brandy & sugar into fruit mixture until dissolved and then stir in the eggs.
- 4Gradually fold in flour and spice and combine until mixture is smooth.
- 5Pour into a pan & bake for one hour.
- 6Remove from oven & cover with foil and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- 7Set aside to cool for approx 30 mins before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- 8Store for 24 hours before slicing.
- 9Serve with butter & a cup of tea.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Tea Bread
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 667.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: