1/6 Photos of Irish Oaten Biscuits (Cookies)
These are oaty, crumbly and utterly delicious biscuits from a traditional irish baking book. They can be made into various form, e.g. clovers or fingers (like shortbread fingers) or whatever other shapes you might fancy. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- 2Combine oat bran, oats, sugar, flour and baking soda in a big bowl. Add butter and mix well. If your dough is too dry, add some water to it until you can work it.
- 3Roll out on a lightly floured surface and cut out cookies in desired shape (if making shortbread fingers, dont forget to prick them before baking).
- 4Bake for about 15 minutes until cookies are golden and crispy.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Oaten Biscuits (Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.2 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g