This was my Grandmother's recipe, we all love it. Creamy and delicious!
Make and share this Irene's Rhubarb Custard Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Place rhubarb in a bowl and cover with boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a mixer, mix sugar, egg, butter and flour until smooth.
- Strain rhubarb well.
- With wooden spoon, add rhubarb to batter and mix.
- Pour into uncooked pie shell.
- Mix topping ingredients with a fork, and sprinkle over uncooked pie.
- Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until set.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.