1/2 Photos of Iced Vo Vo's (Raspberry Coconut Biscuits/Cookies)
Fairy Nuff's Note:
Yum - a really classic Australian biscuit/cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pastry
For the icing
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 4Beat the softened butter and the sugar until light and creamy.
- 5Add the egg and beat until combined.
- 6Fold in the sifted flours.
- 7Turn dough onto floured surface and knead gently for 1 minute or until smooth.
- 8Roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper to 4mm thickness.
- 9Use a knife of fluted pastry wheel to cut dough into 4.
- 105 x 6 cm rectangles and place on prepared trays- allow room for spreading.
- 11Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 12Cool on the trays.
- 14Combine the marshmallows and butter in a small pan and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 15Stir in icing sugar.
- 16Put coconut on a sheet of greaseproof paper and working quickly, spread about a quarter teaspoon of icing along each side of biscuits, leaving a bare strip the length of the biscuit in the middle.
- 17Dip the iced biscuit in the coconut and shake off the excess.
- 18Put jam in small pan and heat gently until thinned and warm.
- 19Spread the warmed jam down the centre of the biscuit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Vo Vo's (Raspberry Coconut Biscuits/Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 68.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g