1/2 Photos of Iced Vo Vo's (Raspberry Coconut Biscuits/Cookies)
Fairy Nuff's Note:
Yum - a really classic Australian biscuit/cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the pastry
For the icing
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 4Beat the softened butter and the sugar until light and creamy.
- 5Add the egg and beat until combined.
- 6Fold in the sifted flours.
- 7Turn dough onto floured surface and knead gently for 1 minute or until smooth.
- 8Roll dough out between two sheets of baking paper to 4mm thickness.
- 9Use a knife of fluted pastry wheel to cut dough into 4.
- 105 x 6 cm rectangles and place on prepared trays- allow room for spreading.
- 11Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 12Cool on the trays.
- 14Combine the marshmallows and butter in a small pan and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 15Stir in icing sugar.
- 16Put coconut on a sheet of greaseproof paper and working quickly, spread about a quarter teaspoon of icing along each side of biscuits, leaving a bare strip the length of the biscuit in the middle.
- 17Dip the iced biscuit in the coconut and shake off the excess.
- 18Put jam in small pan and heat gently until thinned and warm.
- 19Spread the warmed jam down the centre of the biscuit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iced Vo Vo's (Raspberry Coconut Biscuits/Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (24 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 28
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.6
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.1 mg
- Sodium 68.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g