Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These were one of the treats at a new neighbour's open house - I just couldn't stop eating them!! Like any good neighbour, she shared the recipe with me .... and now I'm sharing it with you!!
- BROWNIES: Combine flour& sugar in large mixing bowl.
- Melt butter& shortening in saucepan; add cocoa& coffee and heat to boiling.
- Pour boiling mixture over dry ingredients& mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients& mix well.
- Pour into greased 11 x 17 inch baking dish and bake in preheated 400F oven for 20 mins or until done.
- Allow to cool before icing.
- ICING: Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add cocoa& milk and heat to boiling.
- Add icing sugar& vanilla; mix well& spread over brownies.