Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I didn't know if anyone has posted these or not so I thought I would. These make great birthday party cupcakes. These are so easy to make and something that both kids and adults love. I like it because there is no worry of a kid eating the paper around the cupcake, they can just eat the cone, and it is much cleaner than cupcakes, as the crumbs are still in the cone, not in the paper wrapper or on the floor! Make sure to use flat bottem ice cream cones, not the rounded sugar cones or they won't sit up right to be baked. You can use any flavor of cake mix. I usually make two different flavors of cupcakes to choose from. I recently brought these to a potluck and they were the hit of the party! Enjoy!
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil. Use a hand mixer and mix until well comined, for about 3 minutes. Scrape the bowl down using a rubber spatula to make sure that the mix is well combined.
- Using an ice cream scooper, pour 1/ 1/2 scoops of cake batter to each individual ice cream cones, which should be about 3/4 full. Don't fill to high or the batter will overflow onto the outside of the cones.
- Place the batter filled ice cream cones into a large baking pan. They may fall over in the pan, just sit them upright again!
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to completely cool. Using the canned frosting, frost each cupcake and decorate with sprinkles or any small candies.
Thank you for making this a simple task! Well done
I made these for my boys many times when they were little. They were great for the school parties. I still make them time to time when we have leftover cake cones. These are just wonderful for kids parties.