*little baker*'s Note:
I have always wanted to try this recipe but never got to it. I found it while searching for a different recipe and I thought I should share it too see if it was any good. But I know it is very good because of other people who have tried it out. I will definitely try this one soon. (freezing: you can freeze this for up to 1 month)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Line an 11 1/2- x 17-inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
- 3With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg yolks and half of the sugar until it becomes thick and has a pale color.
- 4Gently fold in the flour and cocoa with a rubber spatula.
- 5With clean beaters, beat the egg whites. Start mixing slowly until the egg whites start to foam. Then increase speed of beating and add the rest of the sugar, SLOWLY, until soft peaks form.
- 6Start folding the egg white mixture into the cocoa mixture in thirds, carefully, with a rubber spatula. Make sure you mix until just combined each time you mix the egg white mixture into the cocoa mixture.
- 7Spread the batter out on to your prepared pan.
- 8Bake for about 8-12 minutes on the middle rack of the oven until the top of the top feels spongy. Then cool.
- 9Loosen the sides of the cake of the pan by running a knife around the edges. Dust with cocoa. Loosely place a layer of plastic wrap a little bit past the edge of the pan. Carefully flip the pan over onto a baking sheet and lift off the pan from the cake. Peel the parchment off the cake.
- 10Beat ice cream with electric mixer until spreadable (about 1 minute). Then spread this ice cream onto the cake, but leave a 1-inch border around the edges of the cake.
- 11Start from one of the longest sides of the cake, roll it up using the plastic wrap to help. Roll to form a long, firm roll.
- 12Wrap roll in plastic wrap then aluminum foil.
- 13Freeze for 4 hours then unwrap, cut into slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ice Cream Chocolate Roll Cake
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.3
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 216.1 mg
- Sodium 114.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 8.7 g