1/1 Photo of Honey Whole Wheat Bread
1 hr 35 mins
I started grinding my own wheat and making homemade wheat bread about three years ago. I love this recipe. It makes four loaves of bread, which sounds like a lot unless you have four kids. Also it freezes great. I slice mine, put it in a plastic bread bag, and zip it in a freezer bag. It's good up to one month. I've had problems with homemade wheat bread crumbling, not so with this recipe. Another thing I've found to make a tasty bread use 1/2 hard white wheat flour and 1/2 hard red wheat flour if you can.Hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put water in mixer and add 4 c of flour.
- 2Mix for a few seconds and then add yeast, honey, oil, dough enhancer, and salt. Pulse a few times.
- 3Then while mixing add just enough flour till dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- 4Dough should be slightly sticky to the touch.
- 5Mix 10-12 minutes giving the gluten time to develop.
- 6Place in greased bowl cover and let rise 45 minutes.
- 7Punch down and shape into loves.
- 8Place in greased loaf pans, and let rise 20-30 minutes.
- 9Bake 30-35 minutes at 350°.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1323.9
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1768.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 254.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 37.9 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 43.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: