1/1 Photo of High Voltage Chocolate Orange Dessert (no Flour)
1 hr 5 mins
Chocolate, Cointreau, almonds, what more could you ask for in a dessert? I found this recipe in the New York Daily News, have adapted it to what makes me happy. I use soy milk and margarine so the recipe is not dairy at all, but you can use milk (or cream) and butter instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a deep 8- or 9-inch round cake pan.
- 3In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water, melt the chocolate with the soy milk and margarine.
- 4Do not allow this to boil.
- 5(I usually do this step in the microwave at 70% power so as not to burn the chocolate).
- 6Set aside to cool.
- 7Stir in the vanilla and Cointreau.
- 8In a mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
- 9Beat very well.
- 10In a separate mixing bowl, whip egg whites until peaks form and they are foamy.
- 11Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk and sugar mixture.
- 12Stir in the chocolate mixture and finely chopped almonds.
- 13Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pan.
- 14Bake for about 45 minutes.
- 15Allow the cake to cool completely.
- 16Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for High Voltage Chocolate Orange Dessert (no Flour)
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.4
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 205.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: