Chippity Do Dah! There is a time and place for everything, people. And the time is NOW for chocolate chip cookies at the HG HQ!!! We've developed a recipe for extra-soft, chocolate-chip-packed cookies, each with a POINTS® value of 1*. Our doughy double C creation is actually more like a hybrid of cookies, soft snack bars, and muffins! And unlike some other cookie recipes that yield four dozen cookies and require several baking pans (who needs FOUR DOZEN cookies?!?), our recipe makes exactly eight chunky soft cookies for your chewing pleasure! What are you waiting for? Grab the chocolate chips and flour... STAT! Serving Size: 1 medium-sized cookie (about 1.5 oz.) Calories: 88 Fat: 1.5g Sodium: 93mg Carbs: 17g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 6g Protein: 3g POINTS® value 1*
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, No Calorie Sweetener
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, not packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips (flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking soda, and salt). Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all wet ingredients (applesauce, pumpkin, egg substitute, and vanilla extract). Add this mixture to the dry ingredients, and stir until completely blended. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a large baking pan with nonstick spray, and spoon batter into 8 evenly spaced circles. Place pan in the oven for about 10 minutes (until cookies appear done and feel firm). Remove pan from the oven and allow cookies to cool slightly. For best results, enjoy while the cookies are still warm and the chips are still melty!
Just tried these out, and they came out wonderful! I followed everything in the directions, but added some cinnamon. They came out soft and moist. Will make again!
These are a little unusual. I haven't made up my mind yet on whether I like them or not but I can say hubby liked them very much!
This was a HUGE hit with my family! My six year old LOVED them. My husband is asking me to make another batch as we speak. This is an almost unheard of event. He RARELY looks for cookies as a treat. I first thought the texture was a bit odd, but you bit into them and YUM! They are just great. I didn't have mini chips, so I used the regular ones, but I will make it with the mini's next time. I'm glad the recipe only makes eight, because if we had three dozen, I think we'd be in trouble!